A coroner ruled that he died from carbon monoxide poisoning after a generator was used by the family to remove floodwater from the property.
But Zane’s parents Kye and Nicole, claim their son died after poisonous gases from a nearby landfill site infiltrated their home, something the authorities have denied.
Surrey County Council Labour candidate Fiona Dent says it doesn’t add up.
In response to a request for information from MP Kwasi Kwarteng, the Environment Agency replied "As the landowner, Brett Aggregates Limited will under the Health and Safety Act 1974 have a duty to ensure health, safety and welfare at work of all their employees. You will need to contact them directly in regard to any instructions they have given their contractors."
The landowner told Mr Kwarteng; "We can assure you that no gas masks were worn."