This pandemic has forced us to witness life in a very unusual way. Trains and flights that were not even suspended during the two world wars have been ‘kept on hold’ and countries were forced to go into a lockdown. We have seen some amazing acts of bravery and strength. The NHS and Keyworkers keeping the country going and saving lives so we can stay home and stay safe.
Going out of your house for a leisurely walk, to campaign, to socialise or to work at our own convenience did not figure as something substantial earlier. These current times, however, have made the four walls of our houses visible and tangible. The world has shrunk to the boundaries of our homes. The idea of roaming around freely does not feel ‘normal’ anymore.
Tens of thousands of people have lost their lives to Covid-19 including Kye’s father. To those who have lost loved ones, our sincere condolences go out to you, as do our prayers and thoughts.
Of course, for Kye and myself our lives were changed in 2014 when Zane was killed in his home and Kye paralysed. Our life became tiny and our world imploded. Many aspects of our lives ended as we learned to live forever broken hearted. 2020 has been difficult as the very home we have had to lockdown in, as Kye shielded, is the headstone of our son’s death. It has been difficult to escape the trauma within these four walls albeit now protected with gasproof membranes, it remains full of loss.
Despite all of this, 2020 did not stop us in our fight for Zane, for the truthaboutzane and for the prevention of future deaths. Here is what we have done but not inclusive:
- 12th February 2020 – House of Lords commemoration and remembrance for Zane and the drive for the truth. Daily Mirror, Mail on Sunday, BBC National and BBC radio moving Articles unafraid to state Zane died from HCN poisoning
- February 2020 110,000 sign Zane's Petition calling for an Independent Panel Inquiry – we will deliver this to Downing Street when it is safe to do so.
- 24th February 2020 - Senior MoD Whistleblower revealing Chemical Drums that generate cyanide dumped behind Zane’s home. Article was a top 10 most read for a short time: Https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-51110166
- Zane is in the Labour Party Manifest:https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey-news/zane-gbangbola-public-inquiry-labour-17294986
- 31st March 2020 - Rebel Radio TAZ show broke the stations listener records: https://www.mixcloud.com/XR_RebelRadio/rebel-radio-special-the-truth-about-zane/
- 21st May 2020 - Luke Elgar CWU writes a great Article to members in CWU YE
- March to April 2020 - Articles of support in Unison, CWU, TUC, NEU, Green Party. RMT Pledged support.
- June 2020 - Twitter and Media mentions, LBC, BBC, MOS, Extinction Rebellion, FBU, Orgreave, Shrewsbury 24, Infected Blood, Spy CoPs
- There has been a cover up over Zane Gbangbola the Spelthorne Emergency Motion states - Conservative led Spelthorne Borough pass unanimous motion, it's time for justice for Zane in the Hydrogen Cyanide cover up! bbc.in/35tgaeD
- Spelthorne Borough Council decide to tell the truth confirming there had indeed been a cover up of 7 year old Zane's death https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey-news/spelthorne-council-accuses-coroner-cover-18916141
- Zane's well supported Early Day Motion call for an IPI:https://edm.parliament.uk/early-day-motion/53103/independent-panel-inquiry-for-zane-gbangbola
- 10th September 2020 -Spelthorne Borough Council Councillors Extraordinary Meeting Unanimously vote to support TAZ must have an IPI following cover-upu: https://www.spelthorne.gov.uk/article/19666/Spelthorne-writes-to-Home-Secretary-calling-for-independent-enquiry-into-death-of-Zane-Gbangbola
- 21st October 2020 - Fire Brigade host Global Meeting Zane Advance for Truth involving some of Britain's most eminent justice speakers 8K views Hear from Sir Keir Starmer:https://www.facebook.com/393147247543766/videos/791776781390217
- 21st October 2020 – David Lammy Shadow Secretary of State for Justiceand Shadow Lord Chancellor wrote to Government to request a IPI for Zane.
Fourteen activities in 2020, one for every year that Zane will have been here had he not been killed.
There are lots of ways you can help Zane get truth including pre order his book ‘TruthAboutZane’, due out early 2021; the first 2000 people to pre order will receive a special limited edition hard backed copy with their name in it. Zane's book sales have slowed down during this lockdown and we have had to cancel many events where sales could have been made. In order to get Zane's book printed we need 2000 sales to fund the costs of publishing and printing. We have some way to go and hoped that we could call on you, our supporters, to ask if you could please buy a copy or if already done so, pass the link to friends and family and ask they purchase the book. We would also ask if maybe, you would consider donating together the book across the line and enable Zane's voice to be heard. We want to get the book printed before the end of the year. Every penny goes to the cost of the print.
To purchase the book: http://www.truthaboutzane.com/book.html
To donate: https://www.gofundme.com/f/truthaboutzane-book-fund?pc=pd_personal_url&rcid=r01-157160229203-e9ed7addd4354ff9
Kye and I would like to thank all supporters from the bottom of our hearts.